south florida real estate News Archive
Back to South Florida Real Estate
- Blacks a growing part of retirement migration south (USATODAY.com via Yahoo! News)
Until recently, African-Americans played only a tiny role in the fast-growing retirement migration fueled by 63 million people ages 55 and older. That may be changing. Blacks' homeownership rates are rising with real estate values, prompting a mini-wave of moves in search of lower cost of living as well as fun and sun.
- C.R. 951 debate unlikely to end anytime soon (The News-Press)
Continuing our look back at some of the notable hot topics of the year in south Lee County, the controversial County Road 951 plan is sure to affect many people ... and a lot of real estate.
- Real Estate Television Special Focuses on Las Vegas Market (PR Web via Yahoo! News)
Las Vegas (PRWEB) December 5, 2005 -- Following the success of the groundbreaking television show, ?Today in Real Estate: A Real Estate Magazine,? covering the South Florida real estate market and shown exclusively on its ABC affiliate, creator and producer Paolo Sadri and Academy Award-nominated producer George Parra today announced plans to bring a special edition of the unique program to Las
- Mill will transform into pride of area (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
Savannah ? Camden County real estate broker Debra Maner had learned to use sleight of hand when she drove clients past the rusting paper mill, unavoidable on the edge of St. Marys' historic downtown.
- FOREIGN INVESTORS BUY SECOND HOMES (San Jose Mercury News)
It came as a big surprise to the real estate industry last year that second homes were accounting for more than one-third of annual sales.
- Chiquita won't move to Florida (Miami Herald)
Chiquita Brands International won't be moving its corporate headquarters to South Florida after all. The giant banana distributor announced Thursday it will keep its headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. South Florida and Atlanta were each competing to lure Chiquita's 300-employee corporate office.
- Berko: Chickens may come home to roost for housing market (The Oklahoman)
Dec 11, 2005: Dear Mr. Berko: What do you see the housing market looking like in the next year or two? We have a vacation home in South Florida that we bought in 1995 for $145,000 and a Realtor told me that we could easily sell it for $450,000. We seldom use it. Should we sell it for that price or should we wait a year or two and sell it at a higher price? We really need your answer so we can
- South Florida Business Journal Launches South Florida Area Commercial Real Estate Portal (PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance)
The Business Journal today announced the launch of bizspace, a powerful new site dedicated to commercial real estate in South Florida.
- Real Estate Weekly -- Dec. 9 (Investors.com)
To listen to most of the media, you would think that the only people involved in real estate investing were broken-down dot-com players searching for the next great wave, folks who would expect to get in at any cost and then cash out quickly as the inexorable rise in values continued.
Back to south florida real estate News Archive