south florida real estate News Archive
Back to South Florida Real Estate
- Welcome, Post-Christmas Shoppers (BusinessWeek Online via Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance)
From real estate to air fare, alert consumers can find some dynamite deals in the weeks after Dec. 25. Here's where to look
- S. Florida real estate experts share their views on 2006 (Sun-Sentinel)
Every year at this time, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel polls real estate industry professionals who are experts in different segments of the south florida real estate market. We ask them to predict what the market will do in the coming year.
- EDITOR'S NOTE: It's time to have some fun and get energized for 2006 (Miami Herald)
It's something of a Business Monday tradition to publish a Year in Review highlighting the year's biggest stories. In 2003, corporate scandals were the hot news. In 2004, hurricanes. In 2005? Uh, hurricanes and, oh yeah, the real estate market.
- Florida gets hit by another brutal hurricane season in 2005 (Gainesville Sun)
fter Hurricane Katrina killed more than 1,300 people on the Gulf Coast, emergency managers and forecasters thought storm-prone Florida residents would be more prepared and pay better attention to warnings and evacuation orders.
- Business Monday's Biz Quiz (Miami Herald)
You could measure much of 2005's business news using two figures: interest rates and barometric pressure. Cheap mortgages kept real estate prices soaring, though rates aren't as cheap as they used to be and that's slowed sales. And 2005's nightmare of a hurricane season has insurance premiums heading skyward and tourism boosters nervous. Along the way, some other numbers made headlines, including
- S. Florida home costs roar back (Miami Herald)
South Florida home prices jumped sharply in November, appearing to quell speculation the red-hot housing market is cooling off. The median price of an existing single-family home climbed 6 percent from October to November to $391,100 in Broward and 4 percent to $381,600 in Miami-Dade, according to the Florida Association of Realtors.
- Is Tiger moving to South Florida? (Orlando Sentinel)
The Orlando resident reportedly is buying a pricey waterfront home in Hobe Sound. After a decade in Orlando, Tiger Woods may be headed to greener pastures. Or more watery ones, anyway.
- Florida gets hit by another brutal hurricane season in 2005 (Houma, Louisiana Newspaper - The Courier)
MIAMI - After Hurricane Katrina killed more than 1,300 people on the Gulf Coast, emergency managers and forecasters thought storm-prone Florida residents would be more prepared and pay better attention to warnings and evacuation orders.
- No Bubble Talk at Haute Living's NYC Real Estate Round Table (PR Web)
Haute Living Magazine?s ?Roundtable Discussion and Real Estate Market Outlook for 2006,? sponsored by Blue Star Jets and Dom Perignon, was a smashing success. Held on December 15, it was the city?s premier roundtable event, featuring the most powerful panel to date. New York?s most prominent real estate principals in the multi-million dollar commercial and residential market offered attendees
Back to south florida real estate News Archive