south florida real estate News Archive
Back to South Florida Real Estate
- Attorneys protect your real estate interests (Sun-Sentinel)
Q: I am in the process of purchasing a new home in South Florida. My real estate agent told me that I do not need an attorney. Can you tell me if there are any advantages to hiring an attorney when purchasing a home?
- For GMAC Real Estate Franchise Operations, 2005 Was One for the Record Books (Real Estate News)
RISMEDIA, Jan. 31 ? From Portland, Ore., to Coral Springs, Fla., and across the Atlantic to Lisbon, Portugal, GMAC Real Estate Franchise Operations opened a record number of offices in 2005, propelling it to its best year ever, officials announced.
- Notable exec faces drug charges (Miami Herald)
Philip Blumberg, former chairman of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce and head of one of the largest real-estate investment firms in South Florida, has been charged with possession of cocaine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in Broward County.
- S. Florida's employment market increasingly is tilted toward the job seeker (Sun-Sentinel)
Tanoi Rucker is in a position that many job seekers would envy. The 25-year-old Dania Beach student, who will graduate from DeVry University next month with a degree in computer engineering technology, has already received four job offers. But she hasn't accepted any yet; instead, she's holding out for an offer from Florida Power & Light Co., where she's already served an internship.
- In an attractive market for South Florida job seekers, several sectors stand out. (Sun-Sentinel)
In an attractive market for South Florida job seekers, several sectors stand out.
- Real estate transactions (Bradenton Herald)
Real estate transactions recorded at the Manatee County Courthouse:
- MeriStar Hospitality to Sell 10 Florida Assets (PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance)
MeriStar Hospitality Corporation , one of the nation's largest hotel real estate investment trusts , today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell a portfolio of nine hotels and a golf and tennis club, all located in Florida, to an affiliate of The Blackstone Group for approximately $367 million in cash, subject to certain adjustments and satisfaction of customary closing
- MORE BUSINESS BRIEFS: Miami's Ocean Bank reports higher profits (Miami Herald)
Profits at Ocean Bank, which has long ridden the wave of South Florida's real estate boom, surged 16 percent in 2005, the bank reported.
Back to south florida real estate News Archive