south florida real estate News Archive
Back to South Florida Real Estate
- Experts say South Florida housing market cooling off (Sun-Sentinel)
Even the rosiest real estate analysts concede that South Florida's housing frenzy is fading after five years. The culprit?
- South Florida Briefs (Miami Herald)
State seeks extension for Medicaid program Because the new Medicare drug plan is still undergoing a chaotic transition, Florida officials requested an extension of a waiver from Washington so that they could continue to provide needed drugs to the poor, disabled and mentally ill who used to receive their prescriptions through Medicaid.
- Local real estate firms vie for Town and Country Trust (BizJournals)
Two real estate investment firms from Greater Boston are engaged in a three-way bidding war for an owner of apartments in the mid-Atlantic region.
- After Conquering Real Estate Market on Island of Manhattan, Donald J. Trump Moves on to Canouan Island in First (PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance)
America just isn't big enough for Donald Trump -- that's why he has moved on to launch his first real estate venture in the Caribbean. The location? Tony Canouan Island in the Grenadines, located in the southeastern Caribbean near posh Mustique and the Tobago Cays.
- Selling prices starting to come down as S. Florida real estate market slows (Sun-Sentinel)
Linda Rudner of Boca Raton bought a two-bedroom condominium near the beach as an investment last year. She fixed it up, then listed it at $450,000 but later dropped her asking price to $399,000.
- It's Champagne and Roses for Florida's Latest Marina Now Open to The Public (PR Web)
The Loggerhead Club & Marina marina group, with nine Florida marinas and more than 2,500 slips open to the public, provides a club atmosphere, service, marina amenities and reciprocal usage of all marinas without an extra charge to belong. New South Lantana, Florida marina now open with slips available. [PRWEB Feb 17, 2006]
- Ocala men charged in real estate scheme (Gainesville Sun)
By MABEL PEREZ Ocala Star-Banner
- Condo conversion deal may be state's largest (Miami Herald)
The Flamingo South Beach, a massive apartment complex in Miami Beach, is set to be sold and turned into condominiums, in a deal that appears to be the biggest condo conversion ever in Florida -- and possibly the country.
- Citrus growers feel the squeeze (Miami Herald)
For 50 years, Scott Hurley's family has produced oranges and grapefruit in Indian River, St. Lucie and Martin counties. But citrus canker and a nastier disease called citrus greening, as well as hurricanes and real estate development, have Hurley wondering about the future.
Back to south florida real estate News Archive