south florida real estate News Archive
Back to South Florida Real Estate
- Trapped homeowners might get an escape valve (Sun-Sentinel)
The real-estate boom has made plenty of South Florida homeowners rich on paper, but many also have become prisoners to their good fortune.
- Priced out of the Keys, these people go to work by bus (Sun-Sentinel)
MARATHON -- The sun isn't even a hint in the sky when the bus leaves south Miami-Dade County and rumbles 80 miles down the Overseas Highway jammed with one of the scarcest resources in the Florida Keys: workers.
- Real estate market flooded with sellers (Bonita Daily News)
Conventional wisdom has held for months that the meteoric rise of the real estate market couldn?t continue in Southwest Florida.
- Architects plan 'green offices' in Boca Raton (South Florida Business Journal)
Retzsch Lanao Caycedo has said a Philadelphia-based real estate investment trust has hired it to design the first "green building" in the Boca Colonnade complex at Yamato Road and Congress Avenue, in Boca Raton.
- Selling prices starting to come down as S. Florida real estate market slows (Sun-Sentinel)
Linda Rudner of Boca Raton bought a two-bedroom condominium near the beach as an investment last year. She fixed it up, then listed it at $450,000 but later dropped her asking price to $399,000.
- Where have all the exporters gone? (Miami Herald)
When Al Merritt arrived in South Florida in the late 1980s to launch his medical equipment exporting company he flipped through the Miami telephone book to gauge his competition. He found hundreds of exporters in the same line of business.
- Condos, retail proposed for south of downtown (Orlando Sentinel)
Downtown Orlando's explosive growth is spilling beyond the city center with a large, urban infill development proposed for Orange Avenue south of Orlando Regional Medical Center.
- Experts say South Florida housing market cooling off (Sun-Sentinel)
Even the rosiest real estate analysts concede that South Florida's housing frenzy is fading after five years. The culprit?
- SOUTH FLORIDA'S HOUSING BOOM FUELED AN EXPLOSION OF JOBS AND PERSONAL FORTUNES. WILL A SLOWDOWN MATTER? (Miami Herald)
It's dusk in High Pines, and the children are playing, navigating their bikes past the many houses that have turned into construction zones.
Back to south florida real estate News Archive