south florida real estate News Archive
Back to South Florida Real Estate
- Candidates Back Plans To Corral 'Moving Tax' (CBS 4 Miami)
South Florida homeowners who took advantage of high real estate prices to sell their home and trade up, or sell their home and cash out, discovered the downside of the hot real estate market; shockingly high taxes on their new homes. Now, two candidates for Governor are proposing a way to help.
- The boom is gone: Home sales fall 36% in Broward (Sun-Sentinel)
South Florida's five-year housing boom is over.
- Sales were hot in '05 despite cooling real estate markets (Orlando Sentinel)
The Pocklington, Pocklington and Forster Retail Investment Group of Advantis Real Estate Services Co. recently topped the $100 million sales mark. The Orlando-based group represents sellers in retail transactions throughout the Southeast, but focuses mainly on Central and North Florida.
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust Reports Fourth Quarter and 2005 Annual Financial Results (Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance)
PHILADELPHIA----March 2, 2006--Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2005.
- January home sales fall in South Florida; prices are flat (Miami Herald)
Home sales plunged in South Florida last month as the real estate market continued to retreat from last year's frenetic pace, the Florida Association of Realtors reported Tuesday.
- 10 Winn-Dixie stores in S. Florida to be shuttered (Sun-Sentinel)
Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. announced Tuesday it plans to sell or close 10 South Florida grocery stores as the company tries to pull itself out of bankruptcy.
- MeriStar Hospitality Completes Sale of 10 Florida Assets (PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance)
MeriStar Hospitality Corporation , one of the nation's largest hotel real estate investment trusts , today announced that it has completed the previously announced sale of a portfolio of nine hotels and a golf and tennis club, all located in Florida, to an affiliate of The Blackstone Group for approximately $367 million, subject to adjustments made at closing.
- S. Fla. hot housing market cools off (Miami Herald)
January existing-home sales plunged in South Florida as the real estate market continued to shift from go-go to so-so. Real estate agents sold 36 percent fewer Broward County houses than they did a year ago, and year-over-year sales dropped 28 percent in Miami-Dade, according to the Florida Association of Realtors.
Back to south florida real estate News Archive